Monday, April 23, 2012

A to Z Blogging Challenge - T is for Tolkien




We've now come to another book, well really series of books, I read in exchange for someone reading Madame Bovary. I read the The Hobbit and then all of The Fellowship of the Rings. I did greatly enjoy these. I find it a little strange that I tended to skip through the songs while reading but was rather disappointed that Tom Bombadil was left out of the filming of it.

Currently The Husband is reading The Fellowship of the Ring the The Girl. They recently finished The Hobbit in preparation for the film this Christmas and The Girl was eager for more Hobbit adventures.

This post is part of the A to Z Blogging Challenge. I encourage you to click through and explore some of the links to what other bloggers are doing.

2 comments:

  1. GREAT T post. Tolkien practically a deity to me. I could read The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings in an endless loop. You need to check out the traveling Lord of the Rings symphony where they show a movie and live singers and musicians perform the score to the film. Wow. BTW - Didn't know the Torchwood/Dr. Who anagram. I texted my kids right away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only tried to read Tolkein in high school...I was not ready. Perhaps it is time to try again.

    ReplyDelete