Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A to Z Blogging Challenge - U is for pUllman

We now come to the first of 4 letters where I've cheated slightly. All of them have the letter in their last name. It just seemed better to go with authors I actually like or in once really dislike instead of looking for tenuous connections.

I'm not sure I could say enough nice things about the His Dark Materials trilogy. I read all of the books but we also listened to them over the course of 1-2 summers worth of road trips. The audio books make the books even more amazing. They're a full cast with the author, Philip Pullman, narrating. Actually the audio books are so wonderful I'm too afraid to see the movie. Partly for the usual reasons why films are never as good as the books and partly because I fell in love with all of the voices in the audio books.

The books are controversial because of their religious views. However, I've always been suspicious about how strong a person's religious beliefs might be if they can't withstand a few questions about them. Plus the books have Panzerbjorns. You got to love books that have Panzerbjorns.

This post is part of the A to Z Blogging Challenge. I encourage you to click through and explore some of the links to what other bloggers are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment