Monday, April 22, 2013

Review Pickwick Papers Vol.1 Chapters 3-5



I have to admit I'm not really sure how useful it is to review each installment. The story is ongoing. I'm glad to see that characters aren't just going to disappear (looking at you Mr. Jingle) and will thus continue to cause mayhem, it is to be hoped, for our dear Pickwickians.

We get treated to a rather sad story by a friend of Mr. Jingle's who appears in a few scenes. Mr. Pickwick collects stories and is eager to hear the sad tale.

Mr. Wardle and his family is introduced at the climax of rather funny scene that talks about the foolishness of a man chasing his hat.

Overall, I'm still enjoying it. I'm still sort of waiting to go through the whole rhythm of the story to settle into when each new installment appears.

No comments:

Post a Comment